Try this great recipe at home with the kids!
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons apple jelly, heated
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 sheet of phyllo dough
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- cinnamon sugar to sprinkle on the turnover
- Put oven rack in lower third of oven and preheat to 400°F.
- Butter a large baking sheet.
- Have your child help stir together the apple, jelly, cornstarch and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Spoon onto phyllo sheet and fold into a triangle. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake at 350 until golden brown and crispy.
We want to see your creations - share your child’s dish with us on our Facebook page!
For more yummy recipes like this, check out our COOKing monsters classes.