If you're looking for a refreshing and fun snack for the kids try these cute and cool avocado boats with black bean salad!
- 6 avocados
- 1 15 oz. can black beans
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cucumber, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup corn kernels, fresh, frozen or canned (in that order of preference)
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 ounces balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Halve avocados, remove pits and slice off rounded bottom for added stability.
- Have your child squeeze fresh lemon on avocados to reduce browning.
- Put black beans in a medium bowl.
- Have your child help dice tomatoes and cucumbers, add to bowl with black beans.
- Add finely chopped red onions.
- Add fresh or canned corn kernels.
- Have your child tear up the cilantro and add to bowl saving some for garnish
- Add a splash of balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and any remaining lemon juice and toss all ingredients.
- Fill avocados with bean salad, sprinkle on remaining cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!
We want to see your creations - share your child’s dish with us on our Facebook page!
For more yummy recipes like this, check out our COOKing monsters classes.